What is Swarn Krita?
Krita means skin, while Swarn is Gold; Ordinary soaps take away skin’s moisture, suppleness and youth.
Nourish your skin with our soaps, hand-made from pure natural oils and essential oils. No chemicals, fillers or artificial colors…nothing less than Gold for that Golden Skin.
The brand Swarnkrita got launched early in this year and the person behind the creation is Ms. Rohini Sood , Soap Artisan.
During the long email conversation with Rohini, she told me the approach behind Swarnkrita Soaps :
- All the soaps are made using the traditional (& better) cold process method.
- Everything is made from scratch. We see a lot of “pretty” soaps which are in fact made using off-the-shelf soap base or soap-noodles. They might look pretty but many times the soap mixer (not soap-maker) doesn’t have a clue about the ingredients and ratios which give a balanced soap.
- My cold process soaps are cured for four weeks which makes them mild and give long lasting bars.
- There are NO artificial colors, chemical fragrances, preservatives or other garbage added to these soaps.
- I use pure edible oils like Castor, Coconut, Rice Bran, Olive and pure essential oils which make these soaps mild and best suited for getting a lovely skin. You will notice that skin does not feel dry after using these soaps.
- The essential oil mix gives benefits of a spa like feel right at home.
- These soaps are cruelty free. They are not tested on animals. Instead they are tested among family & friends.Free from Chemicals/parabens/sulphates/fillers. All natural and close to nature.
Price : Rs. 240 for 75 grams (including shipping charges). 🙂
Ingredients : Saponified Vegetable Oils of Castor, Rice Bran, Palmolein and Coconut Water, Fresh Ground Cinnamon and Frankincense Essential Oil.
How i liked it :
The soap comes in a cute little cardboard box packaging and wrapped up in butterpaper. As I opened the box it smelled like mild coconut and castor oil fragrance. The soap itself is an artistry.
The soap looks soothing and beautiful as the grounded cinnamon is sprinkled over it. I really like the way Rohini has designed her soaps.
If I talk about the soap base its very similar to Kama Ayurveda Soaps. Swarnnkrita soap base is made from the scratch using cold process method.
Now talking about the cleansing ability, the soap works amazingly. It cleanse the skin nicely, the soap creates good lather and takes away sweat and dirt. But only issue that I felt was it doesn’t give refreshing feel in hot summery days may be because of its mild fragrance. I would prefer to use such a mild fragrance soap in winters only. There was no fragrance of frankincense after washing off the skin with water.
At the moisturizing part, I would suggest dry skin people to use moisturizer. I tested this soap in super hot days and my skin felt bit stretchy.
The curing of the soaps is really interesting it helps to make the bar hard and the soap doesn’t melt and stays at place till the end.
Why to try this :
- Natural handmade soap.
- Soap is made from the scratch.
- Soap base reminds me of Kama Ayurveda soaps
- Cinnamon looks so soothing and works as a mild exfoliator.
- Mild fragrance.
- Packaging is very interesting.
- The soap will last for 3-4 weeks.
What kept it down :
- Low fragrance. I love scented soaps and enjoy the fragrance after bath.
- not enough moisturizing for dry skin.
Product Rating : 4/5 Recommended..
Have you tried Swarnkrita soaps, Share your favourite handmade soap in the comment section ?
Disclaimer : This is not a sponsored post. The product has been bought by own money. Honest Reviews.
P.S. Sorry for delay in posts met with a right hand injury and was unable to write down the reviews..